Group Cancellations & Refunds
Same Day Emergency Cancellations
Call 585-247-1538 to cancel a group for the same day.
DO NOT CALL THE PARK - NO ONE WILL ANSWER
(the office is not located at the park)
If a Group Must Cancel Their Event:
Group cancellations require a minimum of 24 hours prior notice.
DO NOT CALL THE PARK - NO ONE IS THERE TO ANSWER.
- If a group must cancel an event, every effort will be made to reschedule the event. If rescheduling is impossible and if the group has provided the minimum required 24 hour prior notice their entire deposit will be refunded. Refunds will be made by PolarWave check and will be mailed 7-10 days from the date of the scheduled event. Groups that are able to reschedule can use the same deposit for the new date.
Unless otherwise notified by PolarWave, the park will be open and scheduled group events will be held.
Falling snow and typical winter weather are not enough reason to close the park (we like snowy weather)!
PolarWave understands all the time and effort involved in planning a large group event and how much group members look forward to their snowtubing trip.
If weather conditions look questionable the day before an event, management will monitor the weather and hill conditions up to the last minute, if need be, to allow every opportunity for the event to take place as planned, and will close the park only if the safety of our visitors or staff might be compromised.
- Refunds will not be made when a group gives less than 24 hours prior notice unless they cancel due to an unpredicted extreme weather advisory or travel advisory. Most often these weather conditions are predicted at least 24 hours before they happen, giving group leaders enough time to make the decision to hold the event or cancel prior to 24 hours.
Do not call the park -- no one is there to answer!
Call the office phone at 585-247-1538.
PolarWave Snowtubing Park 3500 Harloff Road Batavia, New York 14020
If PolarWave Must Cancel a Group Event:
- If a group event has been scheduled and the park needs to close or reschedule the event due to extremely frigid weather, high wind, poor hill quality, or any other factor, we will make every effort to contact the group leader as soon as the decision to modify the event has been made (this is why cell phone contact information is required).
- PolarWave will make every effort to reschedule the event for another date. If rescheduling is impossible PolarWave will gladly refund the entire deposit. Refunds will be made by PolarWave check and will be mailed 7-10 days from the date of the scheduled event.
- If a school group’s district calls a “snow day” the group should notify PolarWave by phone so crew can be called, and we will try to reschedule the event. If rescheduling is not possible the deposit will be returned.
- If weather conditions require last-minute monitoring the group leader should stay in close contact with PolarWave so crew can be on stand-by to await the final decision.
- Also remember that weather conditions vary between regions so check the website for current conditions in Batavia.
- Refunds will not be made if the group fails to show up for their event without prior notice to PolarWave (a no-show).
- If the group has rented the park exclusively (or matched up with a group to rent the park exclusively) and cancels with less than 24 hours prior notice or fails to show, they will be responsible to pay for the entire event time (unfortunately, the crew has already been scheduled and on the clock before the group's arrival time and must still be paid for three hours, by law). If the crew has not yet been called to work by the time the group decides to cancel, the group will be required to pay the deposit but not pay for the entire event.
Copyright 2011 PolarWave Snowtubing. All Rights Reserved.
DUE TO OWNERS RETIRING . . .
POLARWAVE SNOWTUBING IS CLOSED FOREVER
Regretfully, we have closed the park for good.
Please visit our Homepage for more info.
FOR SALE BY OWNER :: POLARWAVE SNOWTUBING PARK
Please see our homepage for info.